Every application we use has those little things, that make the user’s work so much easier. It can be a keyboard shortcut, a hidden option, or a quick way to make the most out of a feature.
We once had a post written, by a former team member of our support, explaining how to change the background color on a PowerPoint presentation in a specific scenario where it wasn’t obvious – the feedback was amazing. Emails, comments and loads of website visitors who were looking for this over the net and got to this post…..
Those little things.
For over a year now we have been sending Testuff usage tips on our newsletter. Two of them every month.
We’ve decided to sum them up all here, after getting questions from users asking “where can I get the full tips list?”. Truth is that we don’t (or didn’t) have such a list, as the tips were written each month, following our own ideas or our support team mentioning questions that showed a few less known Testuff options and features.
Usually users easily find the various options and features Testuf offers, as these are all visible on-usage and intuitive in their location in the app. Still, some help is always a good idea :-)
- Copy & paste does miracles in Testuff. Use it for a test or a suite, or even a group of them (ctrl and shift work). It works between branches and projects as well.
- Soft-Link is a great tool for better structuring and organizing of your testing.
- Bug tracker setup allows you to connect each Testuff project to a matching tracker project.
- A test in the lab will be automatically re-assigned to the tester who runs it, regardless of any other tester’s list of tests. You can use it, for example, when not sure about assignments when creating the lab.
- Watch for the icon in Testuff. Click on it to get more information about a test.
- When reporting a defect, you can drag & drop files from a folder to the entry fields of the bug reporter file attachment section.
- Click on a column’s title to sort the table by this column.
- A test can be edited while running it. Use the “edit test” link on top of the runner.
- To re-organize your suites, you can Drag & Drop a suite into other suites.
- To pass more than one test at the same time, mark a group of tests in the Lab, then right-click them and select “Mark as passed”.
- Ask your team member to run a test directly from the Tests view by a simple right-click–>assign option.
- Use the “Forgot your password?” link on the login screen, to create a new personal password if yours is lost.
- Click the bulb icon on the top left side of the Test Runner to get the history information of the test you are running.
- In Testuff home screen, bottom right side, you can see the version you are working with. It is highly recommended to always work with the latest version.
- Follow us on Twitter. Sometimes we tweet interesting stuff there…
- Twistuff can be great group tool, for messages and mutual follow up. It can be a manager let-me-know system as well.
- Testuff is built to be intuitive for you to use. This means you should try to do all those things you got used to, such as highlight multiple items with shift or ctrl, use copy & paste for tests/suites, use the mouse right click to discover the many options on each screen, and on each item.
- Subscribe to our data centers status page. it can come up handy one day.
- Double-click a search result item to go directly to it.
- Select your spellchecker preferred dictionary. Go to Settings–>Languages. Can’t find what you need there? Let us know and we’ll add it.
- Test Runner window is “always on top” by default, however you can control this, in the Settings–>Look and Feel tab.
- Table columns can be customized – sort the table with a click on a column’s title, adjust the width and use hide/show option to select the columns to display.
- Use Export test/s to Excel to quickly edit them, and import back using overwrite import option.
Use Template Tags for defect custom field value reporting.
- Keyboard Shortcuts work in the test editor. Use them to speed up your work.
- When assigning tests in the lab, select more than one Run-Configuration to create a run for each with one click.
- To change your monthly subscriptions (licenses) number go to your Settings window in Testuff and click on the Change link next to the number of licenses.