In the previous post, we explored switching costs – those inevitable expenses you must factor in when moving from one product or service to another.
We discussed the switching costs of moving from your current test case management system to Testuff – and determined that the time, money and effort were minimal. But they’re not non-existent.
So are these switching costs small enough to justify the extra benefits you receive from using Testuff?
Testuff Switching Benefits
- Integration & automation – Our test case management software seamlessly integrates with a range of bug trackers, automation tools, and commercial management processes. This reduces the need to find workarounds or add-ons in the future – activities that can drain both time and money, and more than that lets you keep your current project’s set of tools in place.
- Exploring new methodologies – whereas most software testing environments are locked into a select few methodologies, Testuff is adaptable. This flexibility allows you to work in familiar environments or embrace new and potentially more relevant methodologies when working on future projects.
- Increased productivity – Testuff removes much of the “grunt” work of traditional test management systems by making setup, work and analysis more intuitive. This means that you spend less time thinking about the tool and more time doing the actual work, and thinking about the results and implications. Ultimately, this leads to faster software testing, fewer errors, and easier fixes.
- Peace of mind – As this blog demonstrates, on-site storage is not as safe as previously believed. Cloud storage, with its numerous redundancies and safety checks, can be a better option – especially if you have a dedicated team of experts working around the clock to ensure the safety and integrity of your data.
- Lower price – Testuff’s SaaS-based platform is usually lower than the amortized cost of traditional on-site test management systems. Plus, there are no training, maintenance, or upgrade fees. These are technically costs (and perhaps should have gone in Part 1), but once you make the switch, these lower costs become tangible benefits. Remember that software testing accounts for 80% of development costs. Anything you can do to lower expenses is a bonus.
- Flexible licensing – When you purchase an on-site test management system, you have to anticipate the number of licenses you’ll need. If your team becomes smaller, you’re stuck with extra licenses that you’ve already paid for. But with Testuff’s SaaS testing software, you can scale the number of licenses up or down depending on your current needs. This lean approach to software testing saves you money in the long run.
How do these benefits stack up to the costs?
Well, if you ask me, the answer is easy. With greater flexibility, productivity, ease-of-use, adaptability, integration, and security, Testuff emerges as a clear winner. These benefits far outweigh the time, money, and effort required to begin using our platform.
But I’m biased. Besides, any cost-benefit analysis is a subjective exercise that ultimately depends on individual needs.
I can’t make the decision for you.
What I can do, however, is make the decision easier. You can download Testuff today and begin using it free of charge for the next 30 days. Try it out. If you don’t notice an improvement in productivity, or if you feel that it takes too long to learn, then you pay absolutely nothing.