How does Testuff Web App integrates with a Defect Tracker?
At Testuff, we understand how a software project works, and its environment. This is why we’ve developed a real, two-way integration, with other tools used in the project, so that our test management tool will easily merge-in the project. Testuff uses the trackers supported API, together with the secure authentication each tracker offers. Our guidelines are:
- Continuous maintenance of the every integration, to keep it valid and updated.
- Integrate to the newest API supported by each tool.
- Users can use their tracker login information, therefore are identified while reporting defects. We’re not using a global user option for the authentication.
- The integration is real, easy-to-use, two-way, and data-synchronized. Testuff can send defects to your tracker, and receive back any changes done on the defect.
How do I configure my tracker with Testuff?
- In Testuff, go to Settings > Bug trackers integration and click the Add bug tracker link.
- Choose your tracker from the bug trackers combo box.
- Fill in the tracker’s server address in the URL field. This should be the tracker’s URL, omitting any file names that may appear after the last slash.
- Set the Default Project. Defects exported from Testuff projects will be exported using this project name. For some trackers it may be called in different ways (space, product, repository, etc.).
- Some trackers require entering values of additional fields. Follow them on screen as they show up after selecting your tracker. Note what’s mandatory and what isn’t.
- Click Test connection to make sure the setup is OK. You can also use the Submit sample link to make sure Testuff can create bug reports in your tracker. If all goes well the new bug report should be displayed.
- Don’t forget to click Save to save the settings.
How do I add my custom fields?
The best and easiest way is to use the Show available custom fields link, and then select those you wish to add. Easy as 1-2-3.
Or, to do it manually, follow on the instructions showing for your tracker in the online-guide.
Can I associate a Testuff defect to a specific project in my tracker?
Yep. You can set the integration in a project-to-project relation. Simply follow the instructions below. Projects that do not have a custom project set to them, will use the default one from the account level settings.
- Go to the Account Settings screen.
- Choose the Projects tab and click edit for the relevant project.
- Under General settings tab, fill in the tracker’s project for this Testuff project.
- Click the Save button.
For some trackers (such as Jira) you can add the field Project to the Bug Reporter, from the Settings->Bug Tracker window, and then report each defect to a selected project, on-the-fly, while reporting the defect.
Much more is available on the trackers integration
- Import existing defects from your tracker to Testuff
- Synchronize changes made on the defect in the tracker, with its corresponding defect in Testuff. This includes the defect’s status of course, for best defect tracking and management
- Import requirements to Testuff, from your tracker
Missing your tracker on the supported tools list? The integration doesn’t work?
Contact us. We’ll help you. Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.