How does Testuff integrate with VSTS?
Although Testuff is a hosted service it can automatically send every reported defect to your VersionOne account. You can run your manual tests with Testuff and continue to use VersionOne for bug tracking.
If you host Visual Studio Team Services on an internal server, the integration is done likewise. Our server doesn’t need to access your bug tracker server and you don’t need to change anything in your security or firewall configuration to make it work.
How do I configure VSTS with Testuff?
- In Testuff, go to Settings and select the Bug Trackers menu option. The Bug trackers integration page will display. Click the Add bug tracker link.
- Choose Visual Studio Team Services from the Select a bug tracker combo box.
- Fill in the URL address in the URL field.
- Set the default Collection and the default Project fields. Defects exported from Testuff projects that do not have a custom VSTS project will be exported using this project name.
- Click Test Connection to test it and to enter your VSTS Token. You will find how to add your Token in the Security tab, under your personal profile in VSTS.
- You may click the Submit a sample defect report button to make sure Testuff can create bug reports in VSTS. If all goes well the new bug report should be displayed.
- Don’t forget to click Save to save the settings.
How do I add my custom fields?
- In Testuff, go to Settings > Bug Tracker and click the edit link next to VSTS.
- Click on Customize bug tracker fields.
- Click edit for any field you wish to map, get the available values and save them. These fields will show up in the Bug Reporter, when you report a defect
- Use the Show available custom fields link to select additional custom fields you wish to add.
Can I associate a custom VSTS project to a Testuff project?
Yep. If you wish to export defects from a certain Testuff project to a certain VSTS project, follow the instructions below. Projects that do not have a custom VSTS project set to them will use the default one from the general settings.
- Go to Settings menu option at the top left of the screen.
- Click on Projects option and select a project by clicking on the Edit link next to it.
- Under General Settings section, make sure the Tracker field is set for VSTS, fill in the VSTS project for this Testuff project.
- Click Save to register the settings.
Please contact us for any help integrating Testuff with your VSTS.