Recording Test Videos Help Index Organizing Project Teams
What are test labs?
Test labs allow you to organize your test cycles. The QA lead, or the QA manager, sets up a new test lab, selects the tests that should participate in it, and assigns them to testers. Testers start testing away, and the lead probes the status every now and then on which tests passed, failed, are still in progress, or haven’t yet been executed. Time Management allows you to better plan and monitor test execution across your entire team.
How do I set up a lab?
- Go to the Labs screen.
- Click the Add Lab button. The Create New Lab popup window will display.
- Enter a lab Name . It’s mandatory. You may also enter a Due Date, Product Version and specific Instructions if required.
- Under the Initialize lab section, if there are previous Labs, you may choose to automatically add tests from another lab and sub lab, with the following status to select:
- Incomplete tests
- Failed tests only
- All test, except passed.
- All tests
This is useful when you need to run the same set of tests again and again at various intervals, or if you wish to rerun failed and incomplete tests from a previous lab, in a new testing cycle.
- Click on the Create button.
- Once the Lab is created, you can proceed to assigning tests to it. Click on the button Click to assign tests and the Assign tests to the lab popup window will be displayed. You will see all current tests of the branch repository. You may use the Add Filter button to select only specific tests from certain Suite, by Priority, Category, Status, Stage, a Requirement or by the test Summary.
- Check mark tests for assignment. Verify that the Assign button displays the number of selected tests to be assigned.
- You may assign the the tests to specific users (testers) and with configuration details. Testers with assigned tasks will see them in the My Tasks screen.
What about checking lab status?
- On top of the Labs page you see an overview of all the status and the number of tests run by a tester.
- You may also export all labs to Excel if you wish to capture and view lab status outside Testuff. Checkmark the tests on top of the list and click on the Operate on all # link. Select Export to Excel menu option.
Can I print tests in lab?
Select the desired test to print with the check mark. Click on the three dots menu option and select Print.