How does Testuff integrate with JIRA?
Although Testuff is a hosted service it can automatically send every reported defect to your JIRA account. You can run your manual tests with Testuff and continue to use JIRA for bug tracking.
If you host JIRA on an internal server, the integration is done likewise. Our server doesn’t need to access your bug tracker server and you don’t need to change anything in your security or firewall configuration to make it work.
How do I configure JIRA with Testuff?
- In Testuff, go to Settings and select the Bug Trackers menu option. The Bug trackers integration page will display. Click the Add bug tracker link.
- Choose JIRA from the Select a bug tracker combo box.
- Fill in the JIRA server address in the URL field. This should be the JIRA URL, omitting any file names that may appear after the last slash.
- Set the default Project. Defects exported from Testuff projects that do not have a custom JIRA project will be exported using this project name.
- You may click the Submit sample defect report button to make sure Testuff can create bug reports in JIRA. If all goes well the new bug report should be displayed.
- Don’t forget to click SAVE button to register the new settings.
How do I add my custom fields?
The best and easiest way is to click on the Customize bug tracker fields button and use the Show available custom fields link, then select those you wish to add.
Note: you can report a defect as a sub-task to a Jira existing task by using the Parent_ID predefined field (enter the Jira key, which usually comes in the format of TES-number).
Can I associate a Testuff defect to a JIRA project?
If you wish to export defects from a certain Testuff project to a certain JIRA project, follow the instructions below.
Projects that do not have a custom JIRA project set to them will use the default one from the general settings.
- Go to Settings menu option at the top left of the screen.
- Click on Projects option and select a project by clicking on the Edit link next to it.
- Under General Settings section, make sure the Tracker field is set for JIRA and fill in the Project for this Testuff project.
- Click Save button to register the new settings.
The integration doesn’t work. What should I do?
Make sure your JIRA server accepts remote API calls. Log in to the JIRA web interface and perform the following:
- Click the Administration link in the top bar.
- Choose General Configuration on the left side.
- Go to the bottom and click Edit Configuration.
- Under the Options title, go to Accept remote API calls and turn it ON.
- Click Update at the bottom.
I get an error message about a “required field”. What does it mean?
Testuff recognizes that your JIRA is asking for a mandatory field to which it doesn’t have a default parameter to pass. To add this field’s parameters:
- If the field is a custom field, follow the steps in the relevant paragraph above. If not, then:
- Go to your JIRA New issue page (make sure it’s the page where you enter the new issue fields).
- Right click on it and select View source.
- Save the file and send it to our support.
- The field defaults will be soon added for you by us and you’ll be notified.
Please contact us for any help integrating Testuff with your JIRA.