How does Testuff integrate with GitHub?
Although Testuff is a hosted service it can automatically send every reported defect to your GitHub account. You can run your manual tests with Testuff and continue to use GitHub for bug tracking.
If you host GitHub on an internal server, the integration is done likewise. Our server doesn’t need to access your bug tracker server and you don’t need to change anything in your security or firewall configuration to make it work.
How do I configure GitHub with Testuff?
- In Testuff, go to Settings and select the Bug Trackers menu option. The Bug trackers integration page will display. Click the Add bug tracker link.
- Choose GitHub from the Select a bug tracker combo box.
- Enter the URL. If installed locally it should be something like https://my-domain.com/api/v3. Otherwise use https://api.github.com.
- Set the Default Repository. Defects exported from Testuff projects that do not have a custom GitHub repository will be exported using this repository name.
- You may click the Submit sample link to make sure Testuff can create bug reports in GitHub. If all goes well the new bug report should be displayed.
- Don’t forget to click OK to save the settings.
Can I add my labels to the bug report?
After clicking the Customize bug tracker field button, click on the Edit link at right of Labels and you may enter the name of the label (or labels, separated by a comma) in the Manage bug tracker fields popup window.
Can I associate a custom GitHub repository to a Testuff project?
If you wish to export defects from a certain Testuff project to a certain GitHub repository, follow the instructions below. Projects that do not have a custom GitHub repository set to them will use the default one from the general settings.
- Go to Settings menu option at the top left of the screen.
- Click on Projects option and select a project by clicking on the Edit link next to it.
- Under General Settings section, make sure the Tracker field is set for GitHub repository and fill in the Project for this Testuff project.
- Click Save button to register the new settings.
Please contact us for any help integrating Testuff with your Github.