How does Testuff integrate with Freshdesk?
Although Testuff is a hosted service it can automatically send every reported defect to your Freshdesk account. You can run your manual tests with Testuff and continue to use Freshdesk for bug tracking.
If you host Freshdesk on an internal server, the integration is done likewise. Our server doesn’t need to access your bug tracker server and you don’t need to change anything in your security or firewall configuration to make it work.
How do I configure Freshdesk with Testuff?
- In Testuff, go to Settings and select the Bug Trackers menu option. The Bug trackers integration page will display. Click the Add bug tracker link.
- Choose Freshdesk from the Select a bug tracker combo box.
- Enter the URL.
- Click Set User button and enter the Requester name and your Freshdesk API Key. You’ll find it under the Profile settings in your Freshdesk account.
- Click on Test connection button to make sure it works.
- You may click the Submit a sample defect report button to make sure Testuff can create bug reports in Freshdesk. If all goes well, the new bug report should be displayed.
- Don’t forget to click on Save to register your new settings.
How do I add my custom fields?
- The best and easiest way is to click on the Customize bug tracker fields, the Manage bug tracker fields window pops up, click on the Add custom field link and select those you wish to add to the Bug reporter.
- You can also use the Show available custom fields link, rather than writing them manually.
Can I associate a custom Freshdesk project to a Testuff project?
Yep. If you wish to export defects from a certain Testuff project to a certain Freshdesk project, follow the instructions below. Projects that do not have a custom FogBugz project set to them will use the default one from the general settings.
- Go to Settings menu option at the top left of the screen.
- Click on Projects option and select a project by clicking on the Edit link next to it.
- Under General Settings section, make sure the Tracker field is set for Freshdesk and fill in the Project for this Testuff project.
- Click Save button to register the new settings.
Please contact us for any help integrating Testuff with your Freshdesk.