How does Testuff integrate with Bugzilla?
Although Testuff is a hosted service it can automatically send every reported defect to your Bugzilla account. You can run your manual tests with Testuff and continue to use Bugzilla for bug tracking.
if you host Bugzilla on an internal server the integration is done likewise. Our server doesn’t need to access your bug tracker server and you don’t need to change anything in your security or firewall configuration to make it work.
How do I configure Bugzilla with Testuff?
- In Testuff, go to Settings and select the Bug Trackers menu option. The Bug trackers integration page will display. Click the Add bug tracker link.
- Choose Bugzilla from the Select a bug tracker combo box.
- Fill in the Bugzilla server address in the URL field. This should be the Bugzilla URL, omitting any file names that may appear after the last slash.
- Set the default Product. Defects exported from Testuff projects that do not have a custom Bugzilla product will be exported using this product name.
- You may click the Submit a sample defect report button to make sure Testuff can create bug reports in Bugzilla. If all goes well the new bug report should be displayed.
- Don’t forget to click SAVE to register the new settings.
How do I add my custom fields?
- Go to your Bugzilla New bug page (make sure it’s the page where you enter the new bug fields).
- Right click on it and select View source.
- Find your Bugzilla custom fields. For each you will see an ID (it will look like this id=”cf_text”).
- Enter the name of your field and the ID (code) in the Customize bug tracker fields.
Can I associate a custom Bugzilla product to a Testuff project?
Yep. If you wish to export defects from a certain Testuff project to a certain Bugzilla product, follow the instructions below. Projects that do not have a custom Bugzilla product set to them will use the default one from the general settings.
- Go to the Settings, select the Projects menu option and select a project by clicking on the Edit link next to it.
- Under General Settings section within Bug tracker settings, select Bugzilla product for this Testuff project.
- Click the SAVE button.
Please contact us for any help integrating Testuff with your Bugzilla.