How does Testuff integrate with Axosoft?
Although Testuff is a hosted service it can automatically send every reported defect to your Axosoft account. You can run your manual tests with Testuff and continue to use Axosoft for bug tracking.
If you host Axosoft on an internal server the integration is done likewise. Our server doesn’t need to access your bug tracker server and you don’t need to change anything in your security or firewall configuration to make it work.
How do I configure Axosoft with Testuff?
- In Testuff, go to Settings and select the Bug Trackers menu option. The Bug trackers integration page will display. Click the Add bug tracker link.
- Choose Axosoft from the Select a bug tracker combo box.
- Fill in the Axosoft server address in the URL field. This should be the Axosoft URL, omitting any file names that may appear after the last slash.
- Enter the Axosoft Client ID and Client Secret. You will find both in your Axosoft account: Tools->System Options->Axosoft API Settings->Manage API Keys. This is available only to admin Axosoft users.
- Set the default Project. Defects exported from Testuff projects, that do not have a custom Axosoft project, will be exported using this project name.
- If working with an Axosoft API version which is older than v4, make sure to add it in the API field.
- You may click the Submit a sample defect report button to make sure Testuff can create bug reports in Axosoft. If all goes well the new bug report should be displayed.
- Don’t forget to click on Save button to register your settings.
How do I add my custom fields?
The best and easiest way is to click on the Customize bug tracker fields button, the Manage bug tracker fields window pops up, click on the Add custom field link and then select those you wish to add.
– To use the Assigned-to field, the user needs to have the privilege to access the users tree in the security role. Go to Tools/People/Security-Roles within your Axosoft, edit the user’s role, and then check the option under administration/users/access-users-tree.
– You can report a defect as a sub-task to a Axosoft existing task by using the Parent_ID predefined field.
Can I associate a custom Axosoft project to a Testuff project?
Yep. If you wish to export defects from a certain Testuff project to a certain Axosoft project, follow the instructions below. Projects that do not have a custom Axosoft project set to them will use the default one from the general settings.
- Go to Settings menu option at the top left of the screen.
- Click on Projects option and select a project by clicking on the Edit link next to it.
- Under General Settings section, make sure the Tracker field is set for Axosoft and fill in the required information for this Testuff project.
Please contact us for any help integrating Testuff with your Asxosoft.