As we’ve always said, it is one thing to release a monthly version (and that’s already a huge challenge), but to release a meaningful version, loaded with enhancements and important improvements is another thing.
And I’m proud of our development team able to do that every month, for so long, again and again.
The current version, Testuff 1.63, includes many new features. And more than that alone, it presents a list of improvements, which might look at first glance to be minor things, but these are exactly the things that help users like you to make the best of Testuff, and at the same time, help your testing process.
The main feature is definitely the comments-on-tests. We improved the comments management, added ability to report a comment on a specific step, and to display a list of comments on a test, with the reporter’s details. We believe that this feature will improve the interaction between the tester and the QA lead, mainly where there’s a need to write additional information regarding the execution (and when it isn’t a defect).
I hope you’ll find the new version features useful. We’re already working on the next one….
So what’s new on the version:
- Comments on Tests
- Comment on specific steps, while running the test
- See the list of comments, from a new right-click menu option on a run or on a lab
- The comments column, in My Tasks and Labs screens, now showing the number of comments on a run
- A whole new set of reports, for Labels.
- Re-design of the reports selection process
- Bug Trackers:
- Import of defects to Testuff is now supported. Right-click in the defects screen and select Add from TFS
- You can now add your TFS custom fields to the integration. We’ve made it easy, with an option to get the available fields and their values automatically while setting the integration
- OnTime – new predefined fields added. Release, Notes, and Estimated (hours)
- Excel Export / Import – html tags supported on both the export of tests, and when importing them back to Testuff
- Labs – Creating a new lab process made simpler, and includes an option to mark all not-run tests in the previous lab with status of wontdo for better tracking
- Test Runner – Screenshots, added to the run, can be now deleted
- Those little things that make your testing easier:
- List of search result is sorted now newest-to-oldest
- In all filters the selection of a suite/lab made easier, faster
- Defect Template improved to carry additional tags by default in the description
- Bug Reporter – Less switches, less time to report a defect
- Video file, recorded while running a test, now saved with date and time on its name
- Soft-Links – The originating test information added to the test details window (click the info/bulb icon of a test)
Visit our Website for a full list of all new features in all versions since 2007.
Testuff. There’s always something to wait for.
* Take a look at the list of tips we gathered here, for your convenience.