How does Testuff integrate with Trello?
Although Testuff is a hosted service it can automatically send every reported defect to your Trello account. You can run your manual tests with Testuff and continue to use Trello for bug tracking.
The integration is done by the desktop client. Therefore, it should also work if you host Trello on an internal server. Our server doesn’t need to access your bug tracker server and you don’t need to change anything in your security or firewall configuration to make it work.
How do I configure Trello with Testuff?
- In Testuff, go to Settings > Bug Tracker and click the Add bug tracker link.
- Choose Trello from the bug trackers combo box.
- Set the Default board and list values. Defects exported from Testuff projects, that do not have other custom values for the board and list, will be exported using these names.
- To set your user details go to https://trello.com/app-key. You’ll find there the Key and a link to manually generate the Token. Copy them into the user’s details fields, under Set my Trello user window. Note that allowing Testuff to access your Trello is mandatory for the integration to work.
- You may click the Submit sample link to make sure Testuff can create bug reports in Trello. If all goes well the new bug report should be displayed.
- Don’t forget to click OK to save the settings.
How do I add my custom fields?
- Go to Add bug tracker custom fields window (see link in the bug tracker settings).
- Click edit on any of the two fields and add their values.
Can I associate a custom Trello board and list to a Testuff project?
Yep. If you wish to export defects from a certain Testuff project to a certain Trello board or list, follow the instructions below. Projects that do not have a custom Trello board/list set to them will use the default one from the general settings.
- Go to the home screen via the house icon at the top left.
- Click the Manage projects link and select a project by clicking on the Edit link next to it.
- Under the General tab, fill in the Trello board and/or list values for this Testuff project.
- Click OK to save the settings.
Please contact us for any help integrating Testuff with your Asxosoft.