How does Testuff integrate with Trac?
Although Testuff is a hosted service it can automatically send every reported defect to your Trac account. You can run your manual tests with Testuff and continue to use Trac for bug tracking.
The integration is done by the desktop client. Therefore, it should also work if you host Trac on an internal server. Our server doesn’t need to access your bug tracker server and you don’t need to change anything in your security or firewall configuration to make it work.
How do I configure Trac with Testuff?
- In Testuff, go to Settings > Bug Tracker and click the Add bug tracker link.
- Choose Trac from the bug trackers combo box.
- Fill in the Trac server address in the URL field. This should be the Trac URL, omitting any file names that may appear after the last slash.
- Set the Default Project. Defects exported from Testuff projects that do not have a custom Trac project will be exported using this project name.
- You may click the Submit sample link to make sure Testuff can create bug reports in Trac. If all goes well the new bug report should be displayed.
- Don’t forget to click OK to save the settings.
Can I associate a custom Trac project to a Testuff project?
Yep. If you wish to export defects from a certain Testuff project to a certain Trac project, follow the instructions below. Projects that do not have a custom Trac project set to them will use the default one from the general settings.
- Go to the home screen via the house icon at the top left.
- Click the Manage projects link and select a project by clicking on the Edit link next to it.
- Under the General tab, fill in the Trac project for this Testuff project.
- Click OK to save the settings.
Please contact us for any help integrating Testuff with your Trac.