Every application we use has those little things, that make the user’s work so much easier. It can be a keyboard shortcut, a hidden option, or a quick way to make the most out of a feature.
With the years we’ve created a long list of such helpful tips. Long enough to have it here for your convenience.
Let us know if you find it helpful or if you have a few tips of your own for us to add.
- Soft-Link is a great tool for better structuring and organizing of your testing.
- Shared steps, and shared-precondition, are a great way to save time and better manage your test writing efforts.
- To re-organize your suites, you can Drag & Drop a suite into other suites.
- In Requirements area, under the Tests in this requirement, right-click a test to get a list of actions and reports. Direct access. No need to move to other screens in order to work with, or edit, tests.
- A test in the lab will be automatically re-assigned to the tester who runs it, regardless of any other tester’s list of tests. You can use it, for example, when not sure about assignments when creating the lab.
- Ask your team member to run a test directly from the Tests view by a simple right-click–>assign option.
- When assigning tests in the lab, select more than one Run-Configuration to create a run for each, with one click.
- Use the Lab filters to assign only the filtered tests. When assigning suites/tests only the filtered results will be assigned.
- Labs can be a great way to plan and manage your test cycles. You can use labs also to represent new versions of your application.
Bug Trackers and Defect Reporting
- Bug tracker setup allows you to connect each Testuff project to a matching tracker project.
- When reporting a defect, you can Drag & Drop files from a folder to the entry fields of the bug reporter file attachment section.
- Use Template Tags for defect custom field value reporting.
- Customize your bug reports. The Defect Template is a great way to get your bugs look exactly in the way you want them.
- Use the same Defect Status values as in your tracker for better follow up and synchronization with your developers.
- Show your colleagues, using the tracker, the link they have on a defect with which they can close defects in Testuff. You can synchronize the defects status, as updated in the tracker, directly from Testuff.
Account Organization and Control
- Click on a column’s title to sort the table by this column.
- Select your spellchecker preferred dictionary. Go to Settings–>Languages. Can’t find what you need there? Let us know and we’ll add it.
- Test Runner window is Always on top by default. However, you can control this, in the Settings–>Look and Feel tab.
- Table columns can be customized – sort the table with a click on a column’s title, adjust the width and use hide/show option to select the columns to display.
- Use the Teams feature (in a project’s settings) to better manage your testers and projects.
- Show or Hide table columns. Right-click on the table’s titles area to customize your tables.
- Clean up your screens. You can archive projects, branches and labs and get a better organized view of your current working space. Restoring from archive is easy.
- Customize your account in Settings–>Customization.
- Adjust your view to the way you like it: All windows within the screens can be re-sized (Drag the borders). Columns in tables can be hidden (right-click the titles area).
Speeding Up Work
- Copy & paste does miracles in Testuff. Use it for a test or a suite, or even a group of them (ctrl and shift work). It works between branches and projects as well.
- A test can be edited while running it. Use the Edit test link on top of the runner.
- To pass more than one test at the same time, mark a group of tests in the Lab, then right-click them and select Mark as passed. This works for any other status as well.
- Double-click a search result item to go directly to it.
- Use Export test/s to Excel to quickly edit them, and import back using the update import option.
- Keyboard Shortcuts work in the Test Editor. Use them to speed up your work.
- Work on several tests at once. Select more than one test/run and right-click the selection for speed editing.
- To move a test from one suite to another, simply drag and drop it to the designated suite.
- Watch for the icon in Testuff. Click on it to get more information about a test.
- Use the Forgot your password? link on the login screen, to create a new personal password if yours is lost.
- Click the bulb icon on the top left side of the Test Runner to get the history information of the test you are running.
- In Testuff home screen, bottom right side, you can see the version you are working with. It is highly recommended to always work with the latest version.
- Follow us on Twitter. Sometimes we tweet interesting stuff there…
- Twistuff can be great group tool, for messages and mutual follow up. It can be a manager’s let-me-know system as well.
- Testuff is built to be intuitive for you to use. This means you should try to do all those things you got used to, such as highlight multiple items with shift or ctrl, use copy & paste for tests/suites, use the mouse right click to discover the many options on each screen, and on each item.
- Subscribe to our data centers status page updates. It can come up handy one day.
- To change your monthly subscriptions (licenses) number go to your Settings window in Testuff and click on the Change link next to the number of licenses.
- Share your reports with others. Use the Share icon on a report.
- Need a new feature? Missing a new option that you know will help you? Don’t just think about it. Send us a note and let us know about it. We listen to our customers.
- Facebook. Follow us there too.
- Consider using our API to create your own reports. Your managers will love it….
- Be sure to update your payments account (at BlueSnap) with any credit card changes to avoid charge failures.
- Make new orders, for monthly licenses, from Testuff Settings window. For yearly new orders, go to your BlueSnap account and process them there.