What are test labs?
Test labs allow you to organize your test cycles. The QA lead sets up a new test lab, selects the tests that should participate in it, and assigns them to the various testers. The testers start testing away, and the lead probes the status every now and then on which tests passed, failed, are still in progress, or haven’t yet been executed. Time Management allows you to better plan and monitor test execution across your entire team.
Can I choose the testers included in the lab?
Only the testers assigned to the team will show on the lab screen.
How do I set up a lab?
- Go to the Labs tab.
- Right click the lab area and choose Add lab.
- Enter a lab name.
- If there are previous labs, you may choose to automatically add all the tests from one of them, only the failed tests, or just the incomplete ones (in progress or failed) under Initialize lab. This is useful when you need to run the same set of tests again and again at various intervals, or if you wish to rerun failed and incomplete tests from a previous lab.
- Hide testers with no assigned tests via the link at the top to see only those working on the particular lab.
How do I plan the testing with the lab?
To assign tests to testers, click on the link Click to assign tests, found on the top right-side. A new window will open up, with the list of all available tests for assignment. These are the tests in your repository (those you’ve created in the Tests screen).
Use drag&drop of tests to a tester, or right-click a test to select a tester and to assign the test. Testers with assigned tests will see them in their My Tasks screen.
Tests can be assigned in groups, whole suites, and using any filter-grouped tests. It’s easy as 1-2-3.
Filters are available for both the assigned tests screen and in the window for assigning them. The filters can help you with reviewing a tester’s executions, tests that are still waiting to be executed, etc. In the test-assigning window they can be used for easier and faster assignment of subsets of tests.
What about checking lab status?
- Return to the Labs tab to check on the status.
- Take a quick glance at the lab status in the Overview tab under Labs.
- You may also export labs to Excel if you wish to capture and view lab status outside Testuff. Click the home icon at the top of the window, and choose Backup to Excel from the bottom right.
Can I print tests in lab?
Yes. Right click on a lab and choose Print. You can select to print Test status by testers or Test status by suites for the lab. You can also print all lab defects.