How does Testuff integrate with Rally?
Although Testuff is a hosted service it can automatically send every reported defect to your Rally account. You can run your manual tests with Testuff and continue to use Rally for bug tracking.
The integration is done by the desktop client. Therefore, it should also work if you host Rally on an internal server. Our server doesn’t need to access your bug tracker server and you don’t need to change anything in your security or firewall configuration to make it work.
How do I configure Rally with Testuff?
- In Testuff, go to Settings > Bug Tracker and click the Add bug tracker link.
- Choose Rally from the bug trackers combo box.
- Fill in the Rally server address in the URL field. This should be the Rally URL, omitting any file names that may appear after the last slash.
- You can set a default Workspace, but it is not mandatory.
- Set the Default Project. Defects exported from Testuff projects that do not have a custom Rally project will be exported using this project name.
- You may click the Submit sample link to make sure Testuff can create bug reports in Rally. If all goes well the new bug report should be displayed.
- Don’t forget to click OK to save the settings.
How do I add my custom fields?
- Go to your Rally. Find, under Setup, the Workspace & Projects —> Work products & Fields page.
- Click the edit icon next to the custom field you wish to add in Testuff.
- Find its name (not the display name).
- Enter this name in the code field in Testuff (under Add custom field window).
- Make sure to use the exact name as the code.
How do I edit my predefined fields?
- Click the Customize fields link.
- Choose from the predefined fields list which field you want to edit.
- You can now add default values to it, and decide if to show it in the bug reporter.
- For best results use the Get field values from tracker.
Can I associate a custom Rally project to a Testuff project?
Yep. If you wish to export defects from a certain Testuff project to a certain Rally project, follow the instructions below. Projects that do not have a custom Rally project set to them will use the default one from the general settings.
- Go to the home screen via the house icon at the top left.
- Click the Manage projects link and select a project by clicking on the Edit link next to it.
- Under the General tab, fill in the Rally Workspace and the project for this Testuff project.
- Click OK to save the settings.
Importing defects or requirements from Rally
You can import Rally tickets to defects or requirements screens. Either by an ID or list of IDs, or by using a Rally view to import your saved lists.
To do it:
- Set the view in Rally.
- Find the view’s description (below the view names drop-down, as seen in the image here).
- Copy the part in parenthesis (including the parenthesis).
- Right-Click the defects screen or the more link on the Requirements screen in Testuff, and select Add from Rally.
- Paste the description you’ve copied in the Testuff dialog window.
- Add US as a prefix for User Stories, DE for defects.
- It should look like US(Description contains abc).
- Hit Add, then Done. That’s it.
Please contact us for any help integrating Testuff with your Rally.