How does Testuff integrate with Pivotal?
Although Testuff is a hosted service it can automatically send every reported defect to your Pivotal account. You can run your manual tests with Testuff and continue to use Pivotal for bug tracking.
The integration is done by the desktop client. Therefore, it should also work if you host Pivotal on an internal server. Our server doesn’t need to access your bug tracker server and you don’t need to change anything in your security or firewall configuration to make it work.
How do I configure Pivotal with Testuff?
- In Testuff, go to Settings > Bug Tracker and click the Add bug tracker link.
- Choose Pivotal from the bug trackers combo box.
- Set the Default Project. Defects exported from Testuff projects that do not have a custom Pivotal project will be exported using this project name.
- Click Set my Pivotal tracker user to enter your Pivotal token.
- Click Test connection to verify the setup is ready and working.
- You may click the Submit sample link to make sure Testuff can create bug reports in Pivotal. If all goes well the new bug report should be displayed.
- Don’t forget to click OK to save the settings.
Can I associate a custom Pivotal project to a Testuff project?
Yep. If you wish to export defects from a certain Testuff project to a certain Pivotal project, follow the instructions below. Projects that do not have a custom Pivotal project set to them will use the default one from the general settings.
- Go to the home screen via the house icon at the top left.
- Click the Manage projects link and select a project by clicking on the Edit link next to it.
- Under the General tab, fill in the Pivotal project for this Testuff project.
- Click OK to save the settings.
How do I integrate my Pivotal requirements with Testuff?
First, go to the Testuff project settings window and select your tracker as the requirement tool.
Then from the Requirements screen:
- Click on the more link, at the bottom of the screen.
- From the menu, select Add from Pivotal.
- Now, enter a Pivotal ID, or a few of them separated by commas.
Please contact us for any help integrating Testuff with your Pivotal.