How does Testuff integrate with Mantis?
Although Testuff is a hosted service it can automatically send every reported defect to your Mantis account. You can run your manual tests with Testuff and continue to use Mantis for bug tracking.
The integration is done by the desktop client. Therefore, it should also work if you host Mantis on an internal server. Our server doesn’t need to access your bug tracker server and you don’t need to change anything in your security or firewall configuration to make it work.
How do I configure Mantis with Testuff?
- In Testuff, go to Settings > Bug Tracker and click the Add bug tracker link.
- Choose Mantis from the bug trackers combo box.
- Fill in the Mantis server address in the URL field. This should be the Mantis URL, omitting any file names that may appear after the last slash.
- Set the Default Project. Defects exported from Testuff projects that do not have a custom Mantis project will be exported using this project name.
- You may click the Submit sample link to make sure Testuff can create bug reports in Mantis. If all goes well the new bug report should be displayed.
- Don’t forget to click OK to save the settings.
How do I add my custom fields?
- Go to your Mantis New issue page (make sure it’s the page where you enter the new issue fields).
- Right click on it and select View source.
- Find the name and code for of your Mantis custom fields.
- Enter them in the Add bug tracker custom fields window (see link in the bug tracker settings).
- Make sure to use custom_field_number as the correct format. Note that for certain fields it can be custom_field_number
Can I associate a custom Mantis project to a Testuff project?
Yep. If you wish to export defects from a certain Testuff project to a certain Mantis project, follow the instructions below. Projects that do not have a custom Mantis project set to them will use the default one from the general settings.
- Go to the home screen via the house icon at the top left.
- Click the Manage projects link and select a project by clicking on the Edit link next to it.
- Under the General tab, fill in the Mantis project for this Testuff project.
- Click OK to save the settings.
How do I export defects to a sub-project?
Simply use the name of the sub-project. Please note that the name must be unique. Otherwise Testuff will pick only the first project/sub-project it finds.
Please contact us for any help integrating Testuff with your Mantis.