How does Testuff integrate with GitHub?
Although Testuff is a hosted service it can automatically send every reported defect to your GitHub account. You can run your manual tests with Testuff and continue to use GitHub for bug tracking.
The integration is done by the desktop client. Therefore, it should also work if you host GitHub on an internal server. Our server doesn’t need to access your bug tracker server and you don’t need to change anything in your security or firewall configuration to make it work.
How do I configure GitHub with Testuff?
- In Testuff, go to Settings > Bug Tracker and click the Add bug tracker link.
- Choose GitHub from the bug trackers combo box.
- Enter the URL. If installed locally it should be something like https://my-domain.com/api/v3. Otherwise use https://api.github.com.
- Set the Default Repository. Defects exported from Testuff projects that do not have a custom GitHub repository will be exported using this repository name.
- You may click the Submit sample link to make sure Testuff can create bug reports in GitHub. If all goes well the new bug report should be displayed.
- Don’t forget to click OK to save the settings.
Can I add my labels to the bug report?
Yes. Enter the name of the label (or labels, separated by a comma) in the labels field. That’s it.
Can I associate a custom GitHub repository to a Testuff project?
Yep. If you wish to export defects from a certain Testuff project to a certain GitHub repository, follow the instructions below. Projects that do not have a custom GitHub repository set to them will use the default one from the general settings.
- Go to the home screen via the house icon at the top left.
- Click the Manage projects link and select a project by clicking on the Edit link next to it.
- Under the General tab, fill in the GitHub repository for this Testuff project.
- Click OK to save the settings.
How do I integrate my GitHub requirements with Testuff?
First, go to the Testuff project settings window and select your tracker as the requirement tool.
Then from the Requirements screen:
- Click on the more link, at the bottom of the screen.
- From the menu, select Add from GitHub.
- Now, enter a GitHub ID, or a few of them separated by commas.
Please contact us for any help integrating Testuff with your Github.