How does Testuff integrate with Freshdesk?
Although Testuff is a hosted service it can automatically send every reported defect to your Freshdesk account. You can run your manual tests with Testuff and continue to use Freshdesk for bug tracking.
The integration is done by the desktop client. Therefore, it should also work if you host Freshdesk on an internal server. Our server doesn’t need to access your bug tracker server and you don’t need to change anything in your security or firewall configuration to make it work.
How do I configure Freshdesk with Testuff?
- In Testuff, go to Settings > Bug Tracker and click the Add bug tracker link.
- Choose Freshdesk from the bug trackers combo box.
- Enter the URL.
- Click Set my Freshdesk user and enter your Freshdesk API key. You’ll find it under the Profile settings in your Freshdesk account.
- Click on Test connection to make sure it works.
- You may click the Submit sample link to make sure Testuff can create bug reports in Freshdesk. If all goes well the new bug report should be displayed.
- Don’t forget to click OK to save the settings.
How do I add my custom fields?
- The best and easiest way is to use the Show available custom fields link, under Customize bug tracker field, and then select those you wish to add to the Bug reporter.
- For each such field you can also use the Get field values from tracker link, rather than writing them manually.
Please contact us for any help integrating Testuff with your Freshdesk.