How does Testuff integrate with Basecamp?
Although Testuff is a hosted service it can automatically send every
reported defect to your Basecamp account. You can run your
manual tests with Testuff and continue to use Basecamp for bug tracking.
The integration is done by the desktop client. Therefore, it should also work if you host Basecamp on an internal server. Our server doesn’t need to access your bug tracker server and you don’t need to change anything in your security or firewall configuration to make it work.
How do I configure Basecamp with Testuff?
- In Testuff, go to Settings > Bug Tracker and click the Add bug tracker link.
- Choose Basecamp (or Basecamp OAuth2, if on V3 and up) from the bug trackers combo box.
- Fill in your Basecamp URL. It should be in the format of https://basecamp.com/Company_ID.
- Set the Default Project. Defects exported from Testuff projects that do not have a custom Basecamp project will be exported using this project name.
- Set the Default To-Do list if you would like to send defects from Testuff to your Basecamp To-Do list, rather to a Basecamp project. Otherwise leave it empty.
- You may click the Submit sample link to make sure Testuff can create bug reports in Basecamp. If all goes well the new bug report should be displayed.
- Don’t forget to click OK to save the settings.
Can I associate a custom Basecamp project to a Testuff project?
Yep. If you wish to export defects from a certain Testuff project to a certain Basecamp project, follow the instructions below. Projects that do not have a custom Basecamp project set to them will use the default one from the general settings.
- Go to the home screen via the house icon at the top left.
- Click the Manage projects link and select a project by clicking on the Edit link next to it.
- Under General tab, fill in the Basecamp project for this Testuff project.
- Click OK to save the settings.
Please contact us for any help integrating Testuff with Basecamp.