How does Testuff integrate with Assembla?
Although Testuff is a hosted service it can automatically send every reported defect to your Assembla account. You can run your manual tests with Testuff and continue to use Assembla for bug tracking.
The integration is done by the desktop client. Therefore, it should also work if you host Assembla on an internal server. Our server doesn’t need to access your bug tracker server and you don’t need to change anything in your security or firewall configuration to make it work.
How do I configure Assembla with Testuff?
- In Testuff, go to Settings > Bug Tracker and click the Add bug tracker link.
- Choose Assembla from the bug trackers combo box.
- Set the Default Space. Defects exported from Testuff projects that do not have a custom Assembla space will be exported using this space name.
- You may click the Submit sample link to make sure Testuff can create bug reports in Assembla. If all goes well the new bug report should be displayed.
- Don’t forget to click OK to save the settings.
- Note: You will be asked to enter your Assembla API Key and Key Secret. These can be found in your Assembla, under the user profile in the API applications & sessions tab.
How do I add my custom fields?
- The best and easiest way is to use the Show available custom fields link and then select those you wish to add.
Or, do it manually:
- Go to your Assembla New ticket page (make sure it’s the page where you enter the new ticket fields).
- Right click on it and select View source.
- Find your Assembla custom fields.
- Enter the name of your field (use the same name in the code field), in the Add bug tracker custom fields window (see link in the bug tracker settings).
Can I associate a custom Assembla space to a Testuff project?
Yep. If you wish to export defects from a certain Testuff project to a certain Assembla space, follow the instructions below. Projects that do not have a custom Assembla space set to them will use the default one from the general settings.
- Go to the home screen via the house icon at the top left.
- Click the Manage projects link and select a project by clicking on the Edit link next to it.
- Under the General tab, fill in the Assembla space for this Testuff project.
- Click OK to save the settings.
Please contact us for any help integrating Testuff with your Assembla.