- Who is behind Testuff?
- What is your vision?
- How much does it cost?
- Are there any limits when using Testuff?
- I didn’t receive my monthly invoice on time. What can I do?
- Can I install the Testuff server locally?
- How do I know your servers are up and running?
- How do you secure my data?
- What happens to my data if I want to quit?
- Which operating systems are supported?
- I access the web via a proxy. Does Testuff support it?
- Can I import my tests from Excel/Word/HTML/XML into Testuff?
- Can I export tests to Excel or HTML?
- Can I generate reports?
- How do I perform a search in Testuff?
- How do I add testers to Testuff?
- Is it possible to give different rights to different users in Testuff?
- Why can’t I see all my testers on the lab screen?
- Can I manually change the order of tests and suites?
- Does Testuff have requirements management?
- What about rich text editing, file attachment, and a spell checker for the test editor?
- Does Testuff have an API to update test results via automation?
- Where is the recorded video stored?
- What kind of integration do you have with bug trackers?
- Can you integrate with my tracker?
- Is it possible to associate different Testuff projects and users to different bug tracker projects/products and users?
- Can Testuff access my tracker via HTTPS?
- Any way to update bugs via Testuff?
- Can I send a defect back to a tester for retesting?
- Can I send custom fields to the tracker?
1. Who is behind Testuff?
Testuff Ltd. was established in January 2007 with the purpose of creating better tools and services for the software quality assurance (QA) community. We are a privately held company operating out of Tel-Aviv, Israel. Our team includes experienced industry veterans who have many years of experience in all aspects of software development and testing. Working on both desktop applications and websites, we have used tools and techniques including suites by all leading vendors and most Agile methodologies. We are using that experience every day to create smarter tools to help our customers build more usable and stable software for the benefit of their clients.
2. What is your vision?
Testuff aims to change the way software companies execute their quality assurance (QA) processes.
We focus on making software and providing services that improve the QA professional’s life by giving them the best tools of the trade and by removing annoyances and bureaucracy.
We build our product for ace QA engineers, people who put blood and sweat into their work, who view QA not only as an important yet highly underrated profession in the IT business, but also as an art.
One of our goals is to allow you to accomplish the most mundane of tasks quickly and comfortably with zero overhead. More importantly, we want Testuff to give space for creativity in testing, to encourage you to step outside of the box, where the really juicy bugs lie for the taking. And as you’re doing all of this, we’d also like testing with Testuff to be really fun! :)
3. How much does it cost?
Please see the purchase page for the latest pricing information.
4. Are there any limits when using Testuff?
No. You can have as many projects as you want, as many suites and labs as you need, and there is no limit to the number of test cases you can write. The same goes for defects of course. Testuff easily supports a very large numbers of projects, tests and testers. You get unlimited usage, with great performance and for a competitive price.
6. I didn’t receive my monthly invoice on time. What can I do?
Please add testuff.com and plimus.com domain names to your email whitelist. Otherwise important emails and invoices might get wrongly identified as spam. Check your junk/spam folder and if it’s still not there, simply drop us an email and we’ll get another invoice sent out to you.
7. Can I install the Testuff server locally?
We do not currently offer Testuff for local installations.
You can still connect Testuff to your local bug tracking server as the connection is done via the desktop client and not via our server.
We understand your reluctance to store tests and defect reports on our servers. However, your data will be at least as secure on our servers as on yours, unless your local network is physically disconnected from the internet. All the communication between the client and the server is encrypted, and so is the data on the servers themselves. The servers run on Debian Linux with security patches applied regularly and reside in a secure facility behind a constantly monitored firewall.
8. How do I know your servers are up and running?
We keep you posted on our Status page. You can sign up to get updates about scheduled maintenance downtime.
9. How do you secure my data?
We know the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your data are extremely important to you. We have gone to great lengths to give you peace of mind. Click here for more information.
10. What happens to my data if I want to quit?
If you want to stop using the service, please contact us and we will export the data for you in HTML, XML or CSV. You can also backup your tests by yourself, easily, from your Testuff account.
11. Which operating systems are supported?
The Testuff client has been tested on Windows (all versions from Windows 2000 to Windows 7) and Mac OS X (Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard).
12. I access the web via a proxy. Does Testuff support it?
Yes it does. The Testuff client uses the proxy settings from Internet Explorer. As long as they are set it will access the Testuff servers via the proxy.
However, if your proxy interferers by acting as a man-in-the-middle and changing certificates, then the Testuff client won’t be able to access the Testuff servers properly. Check with your network administrator whether this is the case.
13. Can I import my tests from Excel/Word/HTML/XML into Testuff?
Yes! Use our import from Excel feature at the bottom right of the Testuff home screen. Alternatively, you may send us your Excel/Word/HTML/XML files and we will do this for you for free. We can also import test cases from Testlink.
14. Can I export tests to Excel or HTML?
Sure. In the Testuff home screen, click the Backup to Excel link at the bottom right to export your whole DB to Excel. You can also automate your backups regularly.
To export tests or suites to HTML, right click them and select Export to HTML.
15. Can I generate reports?
Yes. The second tab in Testuff is the ‘reports’ tab. You will find there status reports for the ‘branch’ and ‘lab’ levels, as well as time tracking reports. Additional reports can be found when right-clicking on a test/suite/lab in the Print option. There are customers who use the API to get data, and generate reports of it. That’s another way to customize your reports.
For further details about the reports click here.
16. How do I perform a search in Testuff?
There is a search field at the top right of the Testuff screen once you enter a project. It searches tests in the current project.
17. How do I add testers to Testuff?
Go to the Testuff home screen via the house icon at the top, click the Manage Testers link on the top right, and then click Add Tester. Fill in the name and email address for the new tester. This tester will receive the Testuff login details by email.
18. Is it possible to give different rights to different users in Testuff?
Yes. There are three main types of user rights (or Permissions). Admin, QA Lead and Tester. Read more here about their different rights and how to manage testers.
19. Why can’t I see all my testers on the lab screen?
Check your project’s team. Only testers assigned to the project’s team will show on the lab screen.
20. Can I manually change the order of tests and suites?
Yes. Right click the relevent test and choose either move up or move down. Alternatively, use the Alt+Up and Alt+Down keyboard shortcuts. To order suites, please append numbering (010, 020, etc.) to the beginning of the suite names and they will be sorted accordingly.
21. Does Testuff have requirements management?
Yes. Read how Testuff handles requirements here.
22. What about rich text editing, file attachment, and a spell checker for the test editor?
Yes, we have all of these, and more. Rich text editing, file attachment and a spell checker for different languages of your choice.
23. Does Testuff have an API to update test results via automation?
Yes! It’s possible via HTTP POSTs to the Testuff server. Please see the automation help section for more details.
24. Where is the recorded video stored?
When you open a defect that includes a recorded video, it is uploaded to our server. This way you could link to the video in the bug tracker or share it with your colleagues over email or messenger.
You’ll also find it locally in the directory C:\Users\User_Name\AppData\Roaming\Testuff\attach (C:\Program Files\Testuff\attach on XP).
25. What kind of integration do you have with bug trackers?
Testuff integration with bug trackers is an industry-unique two-way street – It automatically exports each defect found to your bug tracker, and allows you to retrieve the last updated status of the defect back to Testuff. Full two-way synchronization with your bug tracker.
26. Can you integrate with my tracker?
27. Is it possible to associate different Testuff projects and users to different bug tracker projects/products and users?
Yes. Please read about it at the Testuff help.
28. Can Testuff access my tracker via HTTPS?
29. Any way to update bugs via Testuff?
Nope, please manage your bugs directly at your favorite tracker.
30. Can I send a defect back to a tester for retesting?
You could easily setup a new test lab out of failed tests from a previous lab. Alternatively, assign the relevent tests to the tester and they will see them in their tasks view.
We have some cool ideas on how to allow retesting more easily without having to synchronize with the trackers, so stay tuned for surprises!
31. Can I send custom fields to the tracker?
Yes, Testuff enables you to add your tracker’s custom fields, and send them with the bug report.