How does Testuff integrate with FogBugz?
Although Testuff is a hosted service it can automatically send every reported defect to your FogBugz account. You can run your manual tests with Testuff and continue to use FogBugz for bug tracking.
The integration is done by the desktop client. Therefore, it should also work if you host FogBugz on an internal server. Our server doesn’t need to access your bug tracker server and you don’t need to change anything in your security or firewall configuration to make it work.
How do I configure FogBugz with Testuff?
- In Testuff, go to Settings > Bug Tracker and click the Add bug tracker link.
- Choose FogBugz from the bug trackers combo box.
- Fill in the FogBugz server address in the URL field. This should be the FogBugz URL, omitting any file names that may appear after the last slash.
- Set the Default Project. Defects exported from Testuff projects that do not have a custom FogBugz project will be exported using this project name.
- You may click the Submit sample link to make sure Testuff can create bug reports in FogBugz. If all goes well the new bug report should be displayed.
- Don’t forget to click OK to save the settings.
How do I add my custom fields?
- Go to your FogBugz New case page (make sure it’s the page where you enter the new case fields).
- Right click on it and select View source.
- Find the name and code for your FogBugz custom fields.
- Enter them in the Add bug tracker custom fields window (see link in the bug tracker settings).
- Make sure to use the correct code format. It will probably be something like P20_csliste62.
Can I associate a custom FogBugz project to a Testuff project?
Yep. If you wish to export defects from a certain Testuff project to a certain FogBugz project, follow the instructions below. Projects that do not have a custom FogBugz project set to them will use the default one from the general settings.
- Go to the home screen via the house icon at the top left.
- Click the Manage projects link and select a project by clicking on the Edit link next to it.
- Under the General tab, fill in the FogBugz project for this Testuff project.
- Click OK to save the settings.
How do I integrate my FogBugz requirements with Testuff?
First, go to the Testuff project settings window and select your tracker as the requirement tool.
Then from the Requirements screen:
- Right-click in the requirements list area (left-side). If you want to add it to the root level, make sure no requirement is selected (highlighted).
- From the right-click menu select Add from FogBugz.
- Now, enter a FogBugz case ID, or a few of them separated by commas.
- After you have requirements that came from FogBugz, you can right-click any of them to select Sync with FogBugz. A list of available options for synchronization will be opened for you to choose from.