How does Testuff integrate with Redmine?
Although Testuff is a hosted service it can automatically send every reported defect to your Redmine account. You can run your manual tests with Testuff and continue to use Redmine for bug tracking.
The integration is done by the desktop client. Therefore, it should also work if you host Redmine on an internal server. Our server doesn’t need to access your bug tracker server and you don’t need to change anything in your security or firewall configuration to make it work.
Setup on your Redmine
Make sure to enable the REST web service on your Redmine.
To do that: go to Administration–>Settings–>Authentication then check the Enable REST web service check-box and hit Save.
How do I configure Redmine with Testuff?
- In Testuff, go to Settings > Bug Tracker and click the Add bug tracker link.
- Choose Redmine from the bug trackers combo box.
- Fill in the Redmine server address in the URL field. This should be the Redmine URL, omitting any file names that may appear after the last slash.
- Set the Default Project. Defects exported from Testuff projects that do not have a custom Redmine project will be exported using this project name.
- You may click the Submit sample link to make sure Testuff can create bug reports in Redmine. If all goes well the new bug report should be displayed.
- Don’t forget to click OK to save the settings.
How do I add my custom fields?
- Go to your Redmine New issue page (make sure it’s the page where you enter the new issue fields).
- Right click on it and select View source.
- Find the name and code for your Redmine custom fields. Search for issue[custom_field_values][X]. X is the code.
- Enter them in the Add bug tracker custom fields window (see link in the bug tracker settings).
- Make sure to use just the code (X) as the correct format.
Can I associate a custom Redmine project to a Testuff project?
Yep. If you wish to export defects from a certain Testuff project to a certain Redmine project, follow the instructions below. Projects that do not have a custom Redmine project set to them will use the default one from the general settings.
- Go to the home screen via the house icon at the top left.
- Click the Manage projects link and select a project by clicking on the Edit link next to it.
- Under the General tab, fill in the Redmine project for this Testuff project.
- Click OK to save the settings.
Please contact us for any help integrating Testuff with your Redmine.