How does Testuff integrate with Gemini?
Although Testuff is a hosted service it can automatically send every reported defect to your Gemini account. You can run your manual tests with Testuff and continue to use Gemini for bug tracking.
The integration is done by the desktop client. Therefore, it should also work if you host Gemini on an internal server. Our server doesn’t need to access your bug tracker server and you don’t need to change anything in your security or firewall configuration to make it work.
How do I configure Gemini with Testuff?
- In Testuff, go to Settings > Bug Tracker and click the Add bug tracker link.
- Choose Gemini from the bug trackers combo box.
- Fill in the Gemini server address in the URL field. This should be the Gemini URL, omitting any file names that may appear after the last slash.
- Set the Default Project. Defects exported from Testuff projects that do not have a custom Gemini project will be exported using this project name.
- You may click the Submit sample link to make sure Testuff can create bug reports in Gemini. If all goes well the new bug report should be displayed.
- Don’t forget to click OK to save the settings.
How do I add my custom fields?
- The best and easiest way is to use the Show available custom fields link and then select those you wish to add.
Or, to do it manually:
- Go to your Gemini New item page (make sure it’s the page where you enter the new ticket fields).
- Right click on it and select View source.
- Find your Gemini custom fields.
- Enter the name of your field and the code (number only, as seen at the end of the name code) in the Add bug tracker custom fields window (see link in the bug tracker settings).
Can I associate a custom Gemini project to a Testuff project?
Yep. If you wish to export defects from a certain Testuff project to a certain Gemini project, follow the instructions below. Projects that do not have a custom Gemini project set to them will use the default one from the general settings.
- Go to the home screen via the house icon at the top left.
- Click the Manage projects link and select a project by clicking on the Edit link next to it.
- Under the General tab, fill in the Gemini project for this Testuff project.
- Click OK to save the settings.
How do I integrate my Gemini requirements with Testuff?
First, go to the Testuff project settings window and select your tracker as the requirement tool.
Then from the Requirements screen:
- Right-click in the requirements list area (left-side). If you want to add it to the root level, make sure no requirement is selected (highlighted).
- From the right-click menu select Add from Gemini.
- Now, enter a Gemini issue ID, or a few of them separated by commas.
Please contact us for any help integrating Testuff with your Gemini.