How does Testuff integrate with Bugzilla?
Although Testuff is a hosted service it can automatically send every reported defect to your Bugzilla account. You can run your manual tests with Testuff and continue to use Bugzilla for bug tracking.
The integration is done by the desktop client. Therefore, it should also work if you host Bugzilla on an internal server. Our server doesn’t need to access your bug tracker server and you don’t need to change anything in your security or firewall configuration to make it work.
How do I configure Bugzilla with Testuff?
How do I add my custom fields?
- Go to your Bugzilla New bug page (make sure it’s the page where you enter the new bug fields).
- Right click on it and select View source.
- Find your Bugzilla custom fields. For each you will see an ID (it will look like this id=”cf_text”).
- Enter the name of your field and the ID (code) in the Add bug tracker custom fields window (see link in the bug tracker settings).
Can I associate a custom Bugzilla product to a Testuff project?
Yep. If you wish to export defects from a certain Testuff project to a certain Bugzilla product, follow the instructions below. Projects that do not have a custom Bugzilla product set to them will use the default one from the general settings.
- Go to the home screen via the house icon at the top left.
- Click the Manage projects link and select a project by clicking on the Edit link next to it.
- Under the General tab, fill in the Bugzilla product for this Testuff project.
- Click OK to save the settings.
Please contact us for any help integrating Testuff with your Bugzilla.