How does Testuff integrate with Axosoft?
Although Testuff is a hosted service it can automatically send every reported defect to your Axosoft account. You can run your manual tests with Testuff and continue to use Axosoft for bug tracking.
The integration is done by the desktop client. Therefore, it should also work if you host Axosoft on an internal server. Our server doesn’t need to access your bug tracker server and you don’t need to change anything in your security or firewall configuration to make it work.
How do I configure Axosoft with Testuff?
- In Testuff, go to Settings > Bug Tracker and click the Add bug tracker link.
- Choose Axosoft from the bug trackers combo box.
- Fill in the Axosoft server address in the URL field. This should be the Axosoft URL, omitting any file names that may appear after the last slash.
- Enter the Axosoft Client ID and Client Secret. You will find both in your Axosoft account: Tools->System Options->Axosoft API Settings->Manage API Keys. This is available only to admin Axosoft users.
- Set the Default Project. Defects exported from Testuff projects, that do not have a custom Axosoft project, will be exported using this project name.
- You may click the Submit sample link to make sure Testuff can create bug reports in Axosoft. If all goes well the new bug report should be displayed.
- Don’t forget to click OK to save the settings.
How do I add my custom fields?
- The best and easiest way is to use the Show available custom fields link and then select those you wish to add.
Or, to do it manually:
- Go to your Axosoft New defect page (make sure it’s the page where you enter the new defect fields).
- Right click on it and select View source.
- Find the name and code for your Axosoft custom fields.
- Enter them in the Add bug tracker custom fields window (see link in the bug tracker settings).
- Make sure to use customfield_number as the correct code format.
– To use the Assigned-to field, the user needs to have the privilege to access the users tree in the security role. Go to Tools/People/Security-Roles within your Axosoft, edit the user’s role, and then check the option under administration/users/access-users-tree.
– You can report a defect as a sub-task to a Axosoft existing task by using the Parent_ID predefined field.
Can I associate a custom Axosoft project to a Testuff project?
Yep. If you wish to export defects from a certain Testuff project to a certain Axosoft project, follow the instructions below. Projects that do not have a custom Axosoft project set to them will use the default one from the general settings.
- Go to the home screen via the house icon at the top left.
- Click the Manage projects link and select a project by clicking on the Edit link next to it.
- Under the General tab, fill in the Axosoft project for this Testuff project.
- Click OK to save the settings.
Please contact us for any help integrating Testuff with your Asxosoft.